• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#16 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:45 AM

Wow - thanks peeps! Keep 'em coming - or alternatively people who were born in the area but don't necessarily live here now ...

#17 crb99

crb99

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:17 PM

I know of celebs down the hill in Penge:
Big Daddy used to lodge in my street, but he's dead.
as is Enid Blyton who's from Penge. Bill Wyman and Bowie are from Penge too and their still alive, just about.

When's the Gipsy Hill Tavern comedy night then?

#18 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:02 PM

Denise Black (coronation street, bad girls etc ) shes the one with the deformed hand and a yorkshire accent....she moved to CP when settling and taking a break.... :ph34r:
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#19 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:49 PM

Comedy night is on Fridays, but think it has finished for the Summer and will be back on again in Autumn. It starts around 9pm and is £2. Look outside the pub at the blackboard for details.

#20 minnieminx

minnieminx

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:44 PM

Linda Barker lives in either Sydenham or Dulwich. Her daughter goes to my daughters old school - Sydenham High school.

#21 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:16 PM

there must be more famous people lurking around the suburbs....especially in dulwich - there used to be a rumour that tom cruise had a family home in the village....hmmmmm
Helen - tell us how you get on with your search for the stars and your requet to them....it would be interesting to see who actually does live here.....so we can stalk...ha ha :lol:

#22 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:37 PM

I have it on good authority that Tom and Nicole did live in one of the grand houses in Dulwich Village - but I think that it was sold in the divorce settlement! Some friends saw Tom out and about with a pack of body guards!

#23 Wolverinepart2

Wolverinepart2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:11 AM

Helen, I haven't got any famous people to add to your list...but you'll be overjoyed to learn that i have been a CP resident for a year and a half now and loving it! How are you? ! KP, Merlin

#24 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:25 AM

Helen, I haven't got any famous people to add to your list...but you'll be overjoyed to learn that i have been a CP resident for a year and a half now and loving it! How are you? ! KP, Merlin

Well, if you're who I think who are, why haven't you ventured down to the theatre to see me yet? Mmmm??

#25 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:16 AM

Helen - KP will get her act together oneday and venture literally down the road to you....she's quite a star in her own right so you may have to ask her for her autograph...superstar dj she is..... :)
have you been able to contact any of the famous ladies & gentleman from here yet? :ph34r:

#26 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:20 AM

Superstar DJ huh? Ah well, not sure I'd be trendy enough to talk to her ... ;)

A friend is gathering all the agents' addresses of the people mentioned on here, so I can send off a bunch of letters at the same time. Update soon hopefully!

#27 Wolverinepart2

Wolverinepart2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:23 AM

ignore twinkle...i merely hoard records, I don't think that qualifies me as a superstar dj! Use the old work address to drop us a line, would be good to meet up for a bevvie:)

#28 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:36 AM

well you know fatboyslim - well KP is thingalfat...soo soo famous is she.... B)

#29 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 01:04 PM

I have also spotted James Nesbit in Dulwich Village, and Jo Brand in Dulwich Park. I don't think Rolf Harris lives round here, I heard he has a place in Bucks near the river. Of course Bill Wyman came from Penge originally, but I don't think he lives there any more!
aka Pie

#30 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 01:54 PM

Oooh, another two to add to my list - many thanks!